For over 20 years Inventive Problem Solving has provided expert guidance to the world's most innovative and demanding companies -- businesses such as IBM, Novartis, Unilever, Pepsi-Cola, American Express, Travelers Insurance, Yum Brands and IAC/InterActiveCorp -- and inspired their teams to successfully create more profitable and more enduring brands.
"They create contagious optimism--turning a group from focusing on the failures of the past to the promises of the future".
David Kenny, General Manager, IBM Watson, IBM
How we work
We expertly guide your team through our disciplined, step-by-step brand development road map.
We lead a strategically-grounded, proven process that effectively and efficiently taps the intellectual and creative capital residing in your organization.
We facilitate the discussions as well as the collaborative problem solving workshops which have been designed to be focused, productive and exciting to participate in.
Importantly, we begin each engagement by carefully making sure that the client management team is aligned on the project objectives and the vision of success.
Our Brand Development Road Map has 5 Steps
Step #1: Target - Establish who your most important and profitable customers are
Step #2: Insight - Gather blended data and create fresh insights about your target customers
Step #3: Promises - Create a set of promises -- Brand Value Proposition -- that customers perceive as believable, compelling and differentiated
Step #4: Activate -- Create an Activation Plan to bring your brand promises to life at every customer touch point
Step #5: Champion -- Create a company culture of "Brand Champions" so the brand promises are understood and delivered on by everyone in the extended organization
What We Offer
• Brand Development Guidance & Consulting
• Brand Development Training
• Brand Development Workshop Design & Facilitation
• Brand Development Keynote Speaking
A Sample of Client Successes
• North American Power (acquired by Calpine)
"Inventive Problem Solving was chosen over a number of traditional branding and advertising agencies to help our company develop & activate a powerful new brand that consumers would perceive as believable, compelling and differentiated.
The discipline and creative coaching that they provided allowed our own people, who know most about our business, to develop the solutions we needed. Their unique process allowed us to quickly understand and define our brand challenges, our short and long-term ambition and what success should look like.
Our work together helped shape the future of our organization. We highly recommend them to any team looking to uncover breakthrough ideas."
• Travelers Insurance "...without question their systematic process of alignment and collaboration was at the heart of making our vital brand activation initiative an unqualified success."
• IBM Global Services "...a great method of bringing thoughts from many people, combining them into a powerful message and delivering a recommendation that is supported by a global team."
• Unilever HPCNA "...our challenge to boost profitability required that a large and diverse group of people, spread across the organization, collaborate as a single powerful team. Inventive Problem Solving's unique approach proved to be highly effective."
• Echopass (acquired by Genesys Labs) "A game changer...they trained our sales team to use their tools and methods successfully differentiating our sales process by aligning customer branding goals with our solutions."
• Merrill Lynch "A great experience. Overall, an excellent forum for collecting and sharing ideas efficiently. Their approach provoked outstanding thinking."
• American Express "A strategic and creative thinking process that led to real business solutions."
• Pepsi-Cola "Great results! A great process that created a strong sense of commitment and generated very powerful thinking. An overwhelming success."
• IAC/InterActiveCorp "....overall, well worth the time spent and a very useful engagement. The Inventive Problem Solving process was both effective and efficient."
• Novartis "....an education and exhilarating experience. It was encouraging to work with a firm that challenges your thinking and pushes you to strive for excellence. They get it!"
Time, Inc. "...consummate professionals who generate excitement and creativity. They helped us hone the "promises" of our brands and gave us tools for activating them."
Meet Founder & CEO Jerry Shrair
Jerry Shrair is recognized across industries and around the globe as an expert brand development guide and world-class strategic thinker.
When you hire Inventive Problem Solving you are engaging Jerry Shrair along with his intensely focused, high-energy support team who passionately believe that a diverse group of business professionals can be successfully transformed into a hard-charging brand development engine.
Mr. Shrair began his career as part of the BBDO/New York account team that managed the flagship Pepsi-Cola business. He was invited to join Pepsi-Cola's HQ Leadership Team where they created a new role for him as their first head of creative brand development.
During his tenure at Pepsi he was responsible for leading the successful development of multiple national and international branding initiatives and marketing campaigns across all of their flagship products. Prior to founding Inventive Problem Solving, Mr. Shrair served as a Managing Director at Marketing Corporation of America where he led branding & marketing.