Inventive Problem Solving inspires the world's most innovative and demanding companies - businesses such as IBM, Novartis, Unilever, PepsiCo, American Express and North American Power - to align, collaborate, invent and deliver inspired solutions and impressive results. We have been optimizing team success with our problem solving process for 20 years across North America, South America and Europe.
"They create contagious optimism--turning a group from focusing on the failures of the past to the promises of the future".
David Kenny, General Manager, IBM Watson, IBM
Simply put, we're proven experts at showing your team how to work together to successfully create and implement solutions in areas such as: brand strategy, brand activation, revenue growth and supply chain cost savings.
A small sample of what our clients are saying...
• North American Power
"Inventive Problem Solving was chosen over a number of traditional branding and advertising agencies to help our company develop & activate a powerful new brand that consumers would perceive as believable, compelling and differentiated.
The discipline and creative coaching that they provided allowed our own people, who know most about our business, to develop the solutions we needed. Their unique process allowed us to quickly understand and define our brand challenges, our short and long-term ambition and what success should look like.
Our work together helped shape the future of our organization. We highly recommend them to any team looking to uncover breakthrough ideas and develop a culture of creative problem solving."
• Travelers Insurance called it "...a systematic process of alignment and collaboration that was at the heart of making our vital initiative an unqualified success,".
• IBM Global Services called it "...a great method of bringing thoughts from many people, combining them into a powerful message and delivering a recommendation that is supported by our global team".
• Unilever HPCNA called it "...one of the most efficient and effective methods of idea generation and paring that we have participated in."
• Echopass (acquired by Genesys Labs) called it "A game changer...they trained our sales team to use their tools and methods successfully differentiating our sales process by aligning customer desires with our solutions".
• Merrill Lynch called it "A great experience. Overall, an excellent forum for collecting and sharing ideas efficiently".
• American Express called it "A creative thinking process that led to real business solutions".
• Pepsi-Cola called it "Great process! Great results that created a strong sense of commitment and generated the free flowing of ideas and very powerful thinking".
• IAC/InterActiveCorp called it "....worth the time spent and very useful. Both effective and efficient".
• Novartis called it "....an education and exhilarating experience".
Are you thinking about how to optimize your team's problem solving ability?
A meeting isn't a solution.
How do we begin together?
Practical and powerful solutions begin with a team that is aligned on it's priorities and equipped to attack a challenge.
But most teams (whether at the executive level or other levels) try to solve problems without a shared vision of desired outcomes.
Once your team becomes aligned they will:
• Create more powerful solutions
• Become more committed to execution
• Be more empowered
• Be more skillful and better able to do it again
Our Core Service
• We'll assess your situation and then design & facilitate your customized problem solving process directly -- a good way to start
• We can train your team leaders to use our methods on their own
(with on-going assessments, check-ups & additional support to ensure continued success)
The Inventive Problem Solving Process
Our approach works -- it is remarkably effective, efficient and exciting to be a part of.
Your team will be trained to use our templates and powerful collaborative tools --- designed to be easy to understand and simple to use.
We'll lead your team through our 4 core steps of inventive problem solving:
#1: Establish your scope of ambition, set success criteria & identify opportunity areas
#2: Generate a wide variety of possible solutions with a diverse cross-functional team
#3: Rank the solutions using the success criteria as a screen
#4: Fine-tune the best solutions, make a decision and begin to syndicate the solution across the company
Introducing a new program for your meetings and events...
Great Problem Solvers Need Four Recipes™
Effective tips for setting criteria, generating solutions, ranking ideas and sharing a winning solution
This is a fast-paced and interactive program certain to inform & enrich your next event or meeting.
Great Problem Solvers Need Four Recipes combines proven methods, practical tips, current research and real case examples from our 20 years of successful corporate engagements into a compelling and informative program that professionals will easily understand, enjoy and be inspired to use.
The content is available in a variety of lengths and formats, from workshops to keynote presentations.
Time, Inc. called our 60-minute workshop experience "...exciting and creative. We came out of the workshop with information that is applicable, inspirational and actionable".
Meet Founder & CEO Jerry Shrair
When you hire Inventive Problem Solving you are hiring a committed, high-energy team who passionately believes that a diverse group of professionals can be transformed into a focused hard-charging team.
You'll be engaging Jerry Shrair who will lead your project or event directly, an experienced business strategist and proven creative thinker with a wealth of real world accomplishments, such as:
• Part of the BBDO/New York account team that managed the flagship Pepsi-Cola business.
• Joined Pepsi as their first head of creative development. Responsible for leading the successful development of multiple national and international marketing campaigns.
• Managing Director at Marketing Corporation of America.
All X-ray photography provided by David Arky
Photo of Jerry Shrair: Hazel Usher
All website contents Copyright 2016 Inventive Problem Solving